So, as you may have heard, on Friday, May 27, I was awarded the Iresistably Sweet Blog Award:
I got this from the lovely Violeta Nedkova (aka Lyn Midnight). She blogs at The Burning of Innocence and at Lyn Midnight Against the Odds. You can follow her on Twitter @lympha13.
The award comes with some conditions, which I am told I must at least attempt to meet:
- First, I'm supposed to thank and link to the blogger who nominated me. One down.
- I'm supposed to share seven random facts about myself. I'll try to make them facts you haven't heard yet.
- I'm supposed to pass the award along to 15 other bloggers, although the consensus seems to be something more like “As many as you can think of, up to 15.” I mean, that's a lot, 15. Rumor has it that it was originally supposed to be five, but somebody somewhere got ambitious.
- I'm supposed to contact the winners. It's not going to come to them in a dream.
So, Here Are the 7 Random Facts About Me
- I can wiggle my nose like a rabbit.
- When signing my own name, I always manage to screw it up, such that I'm often worried I'll be accused of impersonating me.
- I've been told I talk in my sleep. In French.
- I am apparently descended from Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson, the great Civil War general (on the wrong side). He was famous for his bravery in battle. His legendary bravery ultimately got him killed, but whatevs.
- I always say hello to people I pass in the street, even strangers. If they fail to say hello back, I think to myself, “God, what an unfriendly bastard.”
- People think I'm crazy. I'm told this is because I walk around giggling to myself. You'd giggle too if you had some of the ideas I get.
- I used to live in an RV. Every time I proceeded to parallel park it, random, bearded old men appeared from nowhere to guide me into the space. Always. Never the same man or men, either, unless they were following me back and forth across the United States. I now suspect the existence of a top-secret, nationwide parking assistance network. The beards must be part of the disguise.
And Now, the Winners
Alas, I could only think of nine people. Told you 15 was a lot.
Sally-Page Stuck (@SpeeStuck) and Aunt Sally Good Food. She blogs about food, so this award makes sense. It's got a pie on it and everything.
Lisa Stull (@LMStull) and L.M. Stull. Lisa is a talented author whose first novel, Memoirs of a Monkey, is coming out this month. You can read short fiction, author interviews, and other stuff like that on her blog.
Katie McNemar (@MissKatieMae) and The Dailies. Katie does most of the blogging. Sometimes her dog, Bailey, helps.
Chazz Chute (@RChazzChute) and Chazz Writes. Chazz's blog about writing and publishing is both informative and entertaining. Yay!
Sarah E. Melville (@sarahemelville) and Sarah E. Melville. Sarah's got a book out called Beautiful Things that Happen to Ugly People, and I like her because she appears to think that even my most random, nonsensical ideas are awesome. I would've liked to nominate Paulie, too, but he's been disqualified for not technically existing.
Denise Miller Holmes (@dmillerholmes) and the also-eponymous Denise Miller Holmes. I like this blog because it incorporates two of my favorite things – quotes and trivia. Sweet.
Don Stemple (@WV_Paladin) and 21st Century Skeptic. This one's pretty new, but promising. Now you can never stop, Don. Never, ever, ever.